Please see previous postings on the Jacobs and Frank Families:
• Jon is the son of Bill and Linda (nee Snofsky) Frank. He was born in 1966.
Jon and his son Ian work on the family tree at Ancestry together. Through their research the following past and present family members are on the tree:
• Jon’s lineage through his mother, Linda (nee Snofsky) Frank:
o Grandson of Irving and Tillie Blanche (nee Zaremba) Snofsky
• Jon’s lineage through his father, Bill Frank:
o Grandson of Frances Jacobs and Anthony Tortorici.
o Great Grandson of Jack and Dora (nee Schram) Jacobs. (Parents of Frances.)
o Great Grandson of Thomas (Gaetano) and Angelina (nee Torregrossa) Tortorici. (Parents of Anthony.)
o Great-Great Grandson of Alfonso and Benedetta (nee Di Francisco) Torregrossa (Parents of Angelina.)
o Great-Great Grandson of Anthony and Josephine (nee Lombardo) Tortorici. (Parents of Thomas [Gaetano]).
o Great-Great-Great Grandson of Francesco and Carmela (nee Stella) Torregrossa. (Parents of Alfonso.)
o Great-Great-Great Grandson of Bracio and Angelina (nee Messina) Di Francisco. (Parents of Benedetta.)
• Jon grew up in Queens, NY and attended Cardozo HS.
• He has a 30 year career as a U.S. Marine and U.S. Marshal, military and federal law enforcement officer.
• Some of the experiences during his long career in law enforcement would make the basis of an adventure story but he’s not sure anyone would believe it all!
• Jon is passionate about the pursuit of the martial arts (MMA), an interest that began when he was a teenager.
• He volunteers time organizing Martial Arts competitions for young people. Jon believes that the martial arts advance not only physical and mental development but also contribute to character development through the discipline it requires.
• Jon lives on the West Coast with his wife Sochi. They are parents of three sons and two daughters. Jon and Sochi are also Grandparents of 6 children with one more on the way.
• In August Jon became a business partner in a gym. We wish him well for the future as he continues in this venture and prepares for his retirement from government service in 2015.
• Ian is the son of Jon and Sochi Frank. He grew up in Lake Forest, California and attended school at Laguna Hills before enlisting in the military.
• He served out country in the U.S. Marine Corps.
• In 2013 Ian entered Seattle Pacific University where he is now working towards a degree in Integrated Studies. His goal is to become a teacher.
• Ian has a blog where he writes about his experiences as a teaching candidate. He is sensitive to the needs of the students he interacts with and presents thoughtful consideration of the results of the lessons he teaches and the goals of the program he’s part of.
• Ian is helping his dad Jon manage the family tree at Ancestry. Perhaps one day, Ian will use his experiences with studying and researching his own family tree to inspire his students to begin documenting the history and stories of their own families.
Anthony and Taylor Frank
Like their father Jon and brother Ian, Anthony and Taylor excel in their chosen sport.
• Anthony was a pro-fighter. He and Ian were very high level wrestlers.
• Taylor has, according to his father, found his own niche with competitive fencing.
All photos from the album of Jon and Sochi Frank. Used with permission.